Saturday, April 3, 2010

Recycling Containers for Supplements . . . .

As I take a break from early spring barn work I'm drinking a glass of lemonade made from powered mix. Although I usually don't like to purchased pre-packaged items, I do buy some powdered drink mixes for convenience and for drinking something other than water or pop. Anyway, I love the containers these things come in like Tang and Countrytime Lemonade. The labels come off easily and they make great containers to hold things like grain or treats for a horse show. Because the labels come off so well and leave either a clear or white container you also have plnty of space to write on it with a Sharpie marker to easily identify it's contents. I have also used these containers to hold supplements for horses that get several idifferent things in the a.m. and the p.m. Instead of having to dip into the large containers that hold the supplements, I just measure out the dose for each and dump it in the recycled powdered drink container. I put the lid back on and it (all of the supplements) is ready to add to my horse's grain raition at the next feeding. The containers also make great scoops for stall dry products and for cat food and bird seed.

No comments:

Post a Comment